Sunday, October 11, 2009

5th Day

Today is my 5th day (weekend eve). Hehe.

At start I was very excited because as what my CM told me that she will assign me something to do other than reading the practice notes.

Early in the morning, I was smsed to meet up with my CM for the assignment at 9am.

I reach at the office at 830am (a bit late than before) but just in time. After received the sms, I quickly made my early Milo for breakfast drink. Then thinking about the assignment. Thinking what should I do for FOT. Will it be too difficult task for me? Or an easy task but I just can't finish it well? After struggling for some time, I decide to meet up with the CM and brought a note book for record when needed.

After reaching her desk, she mentioned that I so early. (By right, I just 4 mins earlier) Then I openned my notebook telling that give me some time to record for the task. (This is what I learn after my very 1st job, my colleague told me that if I can't remember then better I record it somewhere before fault was made). The CM saying no need for record.

After she told me the task then I know why it doesn't need to record. Because she got all the hard copy paper for me to reference when doing the task.

The task was combine of two separate FOT into one so that the project can be call for tender later on. She told me the story of why this two FOT needed to be combine and why do these two FOT exist. The due date is today!

After understand what she told me about, I heading back to my workplace with some confidence that I will finish up by lunch. But just I start to doing it. I realise that it is not easy as I understand. Well, thinking of something is far more easy when you really get your hand on it.

When I finish up reading 1st FOT and update with the lastest workscope, I start to read up with 2nd FOT. I realise that this two FOT is in different format of presenting it. So, I mail my CM saying do I need to united the format as it doesn't feel right when two formatting in a contract document later on. Then she told me that I can follow the later format as it done by her last time.

So? my 1st FOT was wrong in formatting! Just don't drag on the time (about 1 and half hour after 9am), I cont on the second FOT and update with the latest work scope. Telling myself that I can come back later with the formatting. (It's easy for my thought)

After !@#$!@#$.... A quarter pass 3pm. I finish with my checking on it. Then I send back the combined copy and ask for task with CM. CM gave me another task; to check her numbering for the specification given by the Engineers. She said the Engineers and Architect suppose to give her with correcting number and it shall not our department's scope for doing it. I said why not we gave back to them and call them to correct the number then. But she saying that if she doing so then her work can't be end by the due date which she also going to have off day on Monday like I do. Haha.

Yeah, Monday will be my submission for my PR application. But now I still lack of work pass, birth cert (English version) and some photocopy documents. Wish myself good luck then for the submission. As if I success then I will have CPF (something like EPF at Malaysia).

Hope the world will peace!

No comments: